June 24, 2013

Bridal hat

I just had to try to make a bridal hat. I started by making a pill-box hat; I cut out padding for the top and the side-bit  and covered it with a beautiful silk fabric (using my sewing-machine). To finish of the hat I hand-sewed it together. What I did wrong you can learn from; The padding I used for the hat made it thick, and it was really difficult to get it nice. I didn't manage this, I hand-sewed it 3 times before I gave up. I am sure you can do a better job.
The back-veil is one long piece - just folded in a special way, an to hold it in place I used a rubber-band, before adding a pearl-bracelet to cover the rubber band. The veil in front is attached to the back of the hat with a few stiches. On top I stiched on the back-veil.







The back




No comments: