September 26, 2014

Blue hat inspired by Acne Studios

Inspired by Acne Studios hat from Ready to wear Fall 2014, I have made a new hat. It is actually a big hat, and it supposed to sit on top of your head, not covering your ears, ut showing them off and your pretty earrings.
I used a lot of time making this hat. I had to make a pattern first, then sewing the pieces toghether trying out how they matched. I ended up with two innerhats (wich I handstiched)  before I made the cover (by sewingmachine).


 


I had to make two innerhats to make it big enough.
 
 
Inside the hat before I stiched on the cover.
 
The cover is stiched on. So far so good. So - what do I do with the edging?
 
 

I ended up with the edging as shown above. I wanted the edges to show like Acnes hat does, but since I have used another material it was not possible to make it exactly like.
The pom-pom is the finishing touch.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: