September 16, 2014

Peach basket hat

I have finally got around to finishing this black peach basket hat. It is crocheted in a thinner yarn than the other 3 I made earlier this spring. I thought I would show you how I made them. Maybe you get inspired to making Your own?



I  make a innerhat with fabric or a kind of padding material that is thick enough to hold the shape of the hat.
I crocheted with yarn to match crochet needle number 3.



The brim

The top
 

 
 
When I crochet the cover, I measure it all the time to make sure it suits. I decided to let a little bit of the inside-hat show. I liked the edging in an other colour. So I handstiched the cover to the innerhat on the top - and at the edges. After finishing the hat I am not to sure about the edge. Maybe I should have made it just in black.   I will just have to use it a couple of times and see if I like it.
 
UPDATE Monday 6. October :
 
I  have decided to keep the coloured edge. Love it.
 
 
 
 

No comments: