August 29, 2013

NEW HAT COLLECTION

Hallo everyone. Finally the first part of my new DIY hat collection is (well, almost) ready.

My inspiration; Giorgio Armani.


Check out Giorgio Armanis  ready-to-wear Fall/Winter 2013 Collection. You will find videos on You tube, www.armani.com and of course  pictures in www.style.com.

I  just love the whole collection. After the colour-clash we've had the last year it feels good to set my  eyes on the calm colours and shades that Armani presents: black, different shades of grey and blue. I think the collection is classic and trendy but the hats makes the whole collection updated and chic.

I must admit I did struggle a bit making the first hat. I finally finished the first one, and quite satisfied with the result, I made another 3 in quite a short time. Looking at Armanis collection on You tube again on Sunday evening,  I suddenly realised that Armanis hats was about one size larger than mine. I was really disapointed, cos the hats looks so great. I imidiatly started working on No. 5. I am still not finished with it - so we'll just have to wait and see.
Nevertheless, after the disapointment had sunk in I realized I do like my (small, daytime) hats and eventhough they're not exactly couture - I like them anyway.
By the way; these hats look good on short or long hair. As I have long hair I can tuck it in the hat  - or not.
So the first two hats I post now is therefore one size smaller than they should be.............














 
 
 
 
The hat is made of velvet and I have chrocheted bottom and top.  First I chrocheted the bottom, then I handsewed on the velvet (sewing together the velvet side and top bit with the sewingmachine) The chrocheted top part is also stiched on, by hand. To make the hat stay in shape I ended up making an own innerhat.
 

No comments: